Get involved and lets mobilise the nation to support local small business
Small Business Friday encourages all South Africans to go out there and support local small businesses. It’s a one-day high action drive on the first Friday of Spring every year, to celebrate and recognise the importance of the small business community. Go BIG by supporting small business.
"Small Business Friday is all about supporting your
local small businesses on the first Friday of Spring and beyond."
Make a lasting difference to your community and South Africa by supporting small businesses in your area. With your support small business will be able to employ more, therefore reducing rates of unemployment and harvesting the entrepreneurial spirit.
Tell us what you plan to do leading up to and on Small Business Friday.CLICK HERE
Share your pledge on social media and encourage others to do the same.
Make a point to go out and support your favourite local businesses.
Keep the momentum going and keep supporting small business.CLICK HERE
5 reasons to support small business
- It's convenient as they're in your local community
- They offer that personal touch
- They often offer unique products / services
- You’ll be making a positive impact on the economy
- Your purchase has a positive impact on the business owner, the employees, their families and the community
5 ways to get involved in #SmallBizFriday
- Pledge your support here
- Share your pledge on social media and inspire others to get involved
- Follow us on social media and become a small business activist
- Visit your favourite small businesses on 2 September - Small Business Friday
- Keep the momentum going and dedicate yourself to supporting small businesses all year round
5 ways to get your business involved
- Pledge your support here
- Share what you're up to on social media using #SmallBizFriday
- Create a #SmallBizFriday promotion
- Connect with other small businesses in your community
- Get listed on the NSBC National Small Biz Network
- Do something unique /host your own Small Business Friday event on 2 September 2016
Be inspired by the lives and stories of some of South Africa's small businesses and entrepreneurs as we celebrate their journeys and the impact they are having in their communities.
"Supporting local small business grows local communities, drives job creation and ultimately builds the nation. "
As a bank for SMME’s Nedbank strives to make business happen for start-ups and established entrepreneurs and businesses. In this regard, Nedbank is pleased to be a title sponsor of the Small Business Friday™ initiative in partnership with the National Small Business Chamber (NSBC). We believe that supporting SMME’s has a direct, and positive impact in our economy and job creation.
Small Business Friday is a one-day campaign held on the first Friday in September every year to celebrate and recognise the importance of small and medium businesses, and the role they play within our economy. As a founding partner, Nedbank for the past five years is particularly pleased to be part of the drive to encourage South Africans to shop locally, supporting businesses and entrepreneurs in their communities.
Nedbank understands that partnering with like-minded organisations, such as the NSBC, goes a long way in championing growth in the SMME sector, creating an environment where aspirant entrepreneurs can thrive and truly Make the Things that Really Matter to them Happen. Nedbank invites everyone to make every Friday a Small Business Friday™ in their communities in order to make a tangible difference in our economy.
For more information email SmallBusinessServices@nedbank.co.za or visit https://www.nsbc.org.za